Late summer travelers looking for exciting and new things to do with kids have plenty of choices in Pearland. These five kid-friendly activities will get kids thinking and moving before heading back to school this Fall. Most of the activities are free and take Fido, he’ll love it!
Best Things to do with Kids Before School Starts
- Take a hike of the Delores Fenwick Nature Center’s 1.7-mile nature trail and wetlands. Before hiking, check out the wildlife and flora displays inside the air-conditioned center. Baby alligators, Han and Chewy, are visitor favorites.
- Hide & Seek with a Pearland twist. The PearScape Trail features twenty 4-foot tall, pears at ten locations scattered throughout Pearland. To find all 20 pears, download a PearScape information guide and map here. Kids will learn about Pearland and the renown artists who inspired several designs.
Be sure to stop by “Art on the Go” murals along the PearScape Trail. One of the most recognized outdoor murals in Old Townsite is a collage of iconic images within the word, “Pearland”. Pearland’s newest mural, installed at the amphitheater in Independence Park, graphically celebrates the performing and visuals arts. Take a camera – the murals make great backgrounds.
- “Climb to the top” is frequently heard at the shaded Treehouse climber and slide at Independence Park. Designed for toddlers, the newly completed playground offers shaded areas for free play, benches and resting areas. From April to October, little ones can cool off in the splash pad at nearby Centennial Park. In addition, an even larger climber is located under a covered pavilion at Southdown Park off highway Texas 288.
- Fish Watching is a favorite cool-down activity inside Bass Pro Shop. Kids naturally gravitate to the store’s 18,000-gallon aquarium to watch exotic fish mix and mingle in their preferred habitats. While visiting the store, take time to investigate the old-fashioned candy shop.
- Cool, cool-downs for bored kids are found at Urban Air Trampoline & Adventure Park. While best known for its crazy-cool Trampolines, the park has seven fun-filled attractions that will get your kids moving, flying and jumping. One day tickets are available and affordable. By the way, ask about height minimums for the attractions.
There’s Always Fun Things to do in Pearland
All the Best Things to do in Pearland activities are close to kid-friendly restaurants and local parks. To complete your stay, combine an outdoor activity with a cool-down stop. Lastly, have a great time exploring Pearland and the Houston area before school starts.