In recent years, Pearland’s growth has broadened restaurant offerings to include international cuisine and ethnic specialties. Texas specialties, particularly BBQ, are still popular and well represented in Pearland. In addition to great food, visitors to Pearland can enjoy toe-tapping live music at these 6 popular restaurants.
- Sam’s Boat & Sports Bar is a sports enthusiast’s paradise with 50 televisions showing sporting events throughout the day. Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday start at 7 p.m. Sunday sets start at 5 p.m. Sam’s lunch, dinner and late-night menus offer seafood, salads, Burgers, Tex-Mex and more.
- For the best German food in the Houston area head to King’s Biergarten & Restaurant in Pearland. While the menu has something for everyone, the German specialties are superb. As its name implies, there’s a long list of imported and local beers and several outdoor gardens. On Fridays, live music is from 6 to 10 p.m. On Saturday, bands perform from 5 to 10 p.m.
Taste of Texas, Barbecue and Country Music
- Central Texas Style BBQ’s menu features hickory smoked barbeque, homemade sides, yummy desserts, soda and Texas sweet tea. Genuine hospitality and a downhome flavor sum up the Central Texas dining experience. Live entertainment is from 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Big Horn BBQ & Burgers on highway Texas 288 is a traveler’s dream come true. In one stop there’s a restaurant, filling station, convenience store and gift shop. Several hotels are a short drive away. Locals head to Big Horn for mouth-watering barbecue and live music every Friday and Saturday from 6 to 9 pm.
- From time to time bands will play on the shaded back patio at Floyds Cajun Restaurant. Floyds is known for fresh seafood and a Laissez les bons temps rouler, “Let the Good Times Roll” spirit.
- There’s nothing better than homemade specials using fresh wholesome ingredients cooked to perfection. Allendale’s Kitchen & Cocktails combines southern cuisine and southern hospitality, Monday through Thursday 11 am. to 9 p.m., Friday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday’s Jazz Brunch, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., is not only a treat it’s a bargain with great specials on meals.
Variety is the spice of life
If variety is the spice of life, then Pearland is rich beyond measure with dinning options for travelers and locals. By the way, at most restaurants dress is casual, and families are welcome. Weekend visitors might even hear a good tune or two performed live at no charge.