2019 Spring Fishing Classic begins February 15, bringing deals on the latest gear, events, activities and special giveaways for all levels of anglers
Bass Pro Shops celebrates the return of fishing season and invites customers to trade in used gear to be donated to local charities in exchange for big savings. The 2019 Spring Fishing Classic is a free celebration taking place February 15 – March 3 at Bass Pro Shops Pearland, 1000 Bass Pro Drive.
Customers that donate used rods and reels (in working order) can receive trade-in savings of up to $200 on a new rod and reel. The used fishing equipment will be donated to local nonprofit organizations. Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s have donated nearly 340,000 products to youth-focused nonprofit organizations as part of the company’s mission to inspire everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors.
The Classic also includes free fishing seminars for all skill levels, pro appearances at Bassmaster University activities for women and children and free giveaways. Visitors will also see a variety of special offers to upgrade their gear before they hit the water.
“The annual Spring Fishing Classic—a free event that reaches more than seven million people each year—provides great opportunities for families to get ready for fishing season and creating lifelong memories together on the water,” said Bass Pro Shops Communications Manager Katie Mitchell. “We encourage all anglers to participate in our rod and reel trade-in program which allows us to collect and donate products to local organizations that teach young people to enjoy and appreciate the outdoors.”
Free Seminars and Family Events
The 2019 Spring Fishing Classic again offers opportunities to learn from the pros during Bassmaster University, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 15-17 with fishing seminars being hosted by some of the greatest anglers in the sport.
• Nitro Pro Staff, Nora Henderson, Marcus Parker, and Jerry Hayes, all participants in the FLW circuit will present
• For a full list of sessions and special appearances, visit www.basspro.com/classic.
Women’s Fishing Workshops are also available with introductory fishing information and helpful tips on Saturday, March 2 at 1:30 p.m The first 15 seminar attendees of each advertised local pro seminar and the Women’s Fishing Workshop will receive a Bass Pro Shops cooler bag and a pair of fishing scissors.
Kids’ Weekend offers free activities focused on teaching kids the basics of fishing. Kids activities are available from noon to 5 p.m. on March 2 and noon to 4 p.m. March 3 Free activities include casting challenges, a fishing workshop, fun craft, and a photo download.
A number of special offers are available during the Spring Fishing Classic:
• Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s CLUB card customers can earn up to $100 in CLUB points and earn $25 in CLUB points for every $250 spent on new gear throughout the Spring Fishing Classic.
• Attendees can also enter for a chance to win a fishing trip with professional angler Casey Ashley. The winner will receive a one-day fishing trip on Table Rock Lake, travel expenses and hotel accommodations—a total retail value of $5,000. Register at the stores or online at www.basspro.com/classicsweeps
• Receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card valued up to $2,400 with the purchase of select boat models including Tracker, Sun Tracker, Tahoe, Nitro and Mako.
For trade-in program details, event times and information on qualifying offers visit www.basspro.com/classic.