Grammy Award-winners, country music legends, and Tejano superstars are part of the weekend line-up on our Top 5 list of live music performances around the Pearland area this weekend!
1. Tejano superstars La Tropa F open the Concerts in the Park series at Southdown Park in Pearland on Friday, May 1 from 7 to 9 p.m. The San Antonio based band’s progressive Tejano sound has an infectious accordion and bajo sexto. Enjoy live music and family-friendly entertainment! Experience a different genre of music every Friday night through June 26. Bring lawn chairs, blankets, and picnic baskets. Free admission!
Southdown Park, 2150 Countryplace Parkway, 77581
2. Country music legend Tony Booth headlines Tony Booth Day at Billy’s Hall in Pearland at 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 2. Native Houstonian Johnny Bush, best known for his distinctive voice and writer of Willie Nelson’s signature song Whiskey River, performs along with a variety of country artists joining Booth. For tickets, call 713-252-9773.
Billy’s Hall, 4070 Wells Drive, 77581
3. The 61st Village Fair Texas Music Festival in nearby League City features country music star Tracy Byrd on Friday, May 1 and Whiskey Myers on Saturday, May 2. Enjoy live music performances during the 2-day event along with a BBQ cook-off, an obstacle course, laser tag, and more!
Walter Hall Park, 807 Highway 3, League City, 77573
4. Grammy Award-winning group Los Lobos celebrate Cinco de Miller at 8 p.m. on Sunday, May 3 at Miller Outdoor Theatre. Los Lobos showcase their signature blend of Latin soul grooves, Mexican folk, blues, and R&B during the free concert. Mariachi Luna Llena from Rice University open the festivities. Miller Outdoor in Hermann Park is minutes from Pearland off Highway 288 in the Museum District. The venue offers professional, artistically-excellent, and culturally diverse entertainment completely free of charge to the public.
Miller Outdoor Theatre, 6000 Hermann Park Drive, Houston 77030
5. Live music is the backdrop in nearby Kemah for the International Beer Fest on the Kemah Boardwalk with 44 breweries offering a worldwide selection of over 70 international beers. The ticketed event takes place on Saturday, May 2 from 1 to 4 p.m. On Sunday, May 3, The Kemah Boardwalk celebrates Cinco de Boardwalk with a daylong celebration including Latin music, mariachi bands, family fun, arts and crafts.
Kemah Boardwalk, Kipp Avenue, Kemah 77565
Be sure to check out our calendar of events for other happenings in the area – visitpearland.com/what-to-do-in-pearland/events-in-pearland/